Looking for Ring Setting

Recently, I have revisited SK Jewellery. I examined the rings again and found out that the ring setting is really good. The salesperson told me that the rings are all crafted in Italy. Since I have been looking for the perfect setting for my diamond, I asked whether they do setting service for a loose diamond, and unfortunately, the answer is NO. Well, this is sad, guess I may have to go to elsewhere then. Will update here if there is any udpate.

Update: 3 September 2016 
So I have revisited my earlier options, and lastly, I have engaged iDo Jewellery. Ling showed me her craftsmanship and so far I am satisfy with it. She also said that her rings are usually heavier and more solid than those available in the market, which I can agree to it, but up to a certain point. This is because Tailored Jewel's ring setting is pretty heavy and solid as well, from my own view. However, when it comes to wedding bands for guys, then iDo Jewellery's ones are the heaviest I have ever seen. In the end, I have let her to cast the setting for my diamond and I am now waiting for the outcome in middle of September. Oh, and one good thing about iDo Jewellery's ring settings is that they contain palladium, which is a rare metal and not all stores will be able to offer. Take a look at the quote below.

 As quoted from this site:
Opt for Palladium Alloys "Nine times out of 10, if you have sensitive skin, any alloy that involves nickel or brass will immediately, if not sooner, turn your skin a nasty green," says Francesca Grosso, New York-based jewelry designer behind Sorelle. "Gross!" She's right. It is common for alloys, metals which contain a mix of two or more metallic elements, to contain nickel or brass. Copper, another common allergen, is also used in alloys for jewelry. The oxidation process of these metals, in which exposure to oxygen forms particles that surface, is what turns the skin green. Consider looking for alloys that contain palladium instead of copper or nickel. Palladium is a white metal related to platinum: it's as lustrous, hypo-allergenic, and almost as pure as platinum, but because it's less dense, it's more affordable.
As quote from this site:
Palladium Benefits:
From the same metal family as platinum
Like platinum, palladium is 95% pure and hypoallergenic
More affordable than platinum
Naturally bright white metal that won't tarnish
Unlike white gold, palladium has no rhodium coating
So I guess I can say that palladium can make the ring stronger, while the colour of the ring more lasting. Also, it is highly unlikely to cause skin allergies.


Update: 25 October 2016 
Tada... here is the final product...
Pretty symmetrical
4-prongs are pretty symmetrical as well

Overall, I am satisfied with the final outcome. The F VS 2 diamond looks brilliantly white after putting onto a white gold setting. ;)

Will I recommend iDo Jewellery? For those who are looking for custom design with good craftsmanship, no doubt I will recommend her. A word of advice - Always make sure you request to try the ring sizer on the wearer's hand and see if the wearer is comfortable with it. If you want to surprise the girl, then you will have to secretly measure her ring size - how? Google is there to help. Personally, I think asking a mutual girlfriend to help is good. Also, using an existing ring may work, but usually the ring size is for another finger, so it seems that we will still need to guess, but this time, it is easier. For example, if the ring we measure is for the middle finger and the size is 10, then a ring size of 9 for the ring finger will be my best guess. Anyway, iDo should have 1-time free ring resizing (I guess). If yes, then surprise her first and make amendments to the ring size if needed after that.

On a side note, last heard that iDo will have an increase in price. So prepare to fork out like RM 200 more for a simple design like mine. However, I think if you purchase diamond from her, the price for the setting may be different, just like any other jewellers.
August 23, 2016
13

Search

Popular Posts

DeGem GIA Graded Diamonds

So recently I have been seeing various DeGem Facebook advertisement on my page…

My JannPaul Decagon (White Series) Experience

Alright, sorry to keep you guys waiting. Exciting times I would say. I have hea…

WhiteFlash Premium Select Offers Decent Value for its Quality

If you have visited a lot of jewelers, a lot of them to tell you stick with GIA…

Contact Me